2009年4月13日星期一

Shek Kip Mei Artists' works in Culture Centre










One day in February, I saw some artwork exhibited in G/F of Culture Centre. Those were so familiar to me because I just visited the JCACC and watched some of these.
As I mentioned, The JCACC is not popular because of the location and lacking of promotion. We could enjoy the silent atmosphere to appreciate the artwork in there, but couldn't draw the attention of the public. In HK, promotional work is so important. We may receive various leaflet, advertisement on street and email/sms. We could see giant banner, poster and lightbox in MTR or on the surface of the building. It seems that: we relay on advertisement to get daily information. I think the JCACC are going to attempt different methods and channels to let the public know what the centre is doing.
But, who will visit Culture Centre? Certainly, the cultural activity lovers. I don't think that these people do not know the JCACC. You may say the elderly and some families(who do not often join the cultural activities) can get the information of JCACC through this exhibition. I always saw some artworks been shown in MTR stations and shopping malls. Although these promotional works are quite effective and attractive, it may evoke the commercialize of the art---artworks= commodities? Sometimes, I would think: if I am the curator of this kind of organization, what shall I do? How can I make the balance between art and marketing?

沒有留言:

發佈留言